Saturday, November 27, 2010

PHEW!!! WE MADE IT!





All I can say about this Black Friday is that it by far was the CRAZIEST one I have ever done! Stores were opening as early as 10 pm on Thanksgiving night and although I did not hit my first store until 4 am, my sister and cousins were in line for the Disney store at 10 pm. It opened at midnight! From there they went over to Old Navy which also opened at midnight and the store was FULL TO CAPACITY and they quit letting people in the doors!
When we got to Target close to the time they were opening, not only was the HUGE parking lot overflowing, all the parking spaces across the street on all sides were also overflowing and the lines were literally going down and around the streets. They were the longest I have ever seen in my life and I'm not going to lie, I was scared!
We sat in the car for a few minutes until they lines made it in because we have found with Target that they are well stocked and there is no need to wait out in the freezing cold, which by the way, it was only about 10 degrees here.
As we were watching the never ending lines go in, I honestly thought about not attempting it because I was afraid of making it out safely! Maybe it's because I'm pregnant this year and a part of me is overprotective of the baby in my belly, but we really considered not going in. We did though, and we persevered and we got everything we were wanting inside! My sister had to stand in a special line just for the digital cameras FOREVER but we got them all, plus the other items we went in for!
After Target, we hit a few other stores and got some great deals and then we went to breakfast. A few of our cousins that are usually with us had already checked out and called it a day/night by then so they were not with us in the pics but all in all, it was another successful and FUN (and scary) Black Friday. I think next year we need to step up our game because it's getting crazier every year!
I would love to hear your stories in comments if you have any good ones! Merry Christmas everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. We left to go shopping at 9pm right after I finished cleaning up from Thanksgiving. The Disney store opened at midnight so we arrived at 10 am and was about 4th in line OUTSIDE in about 10 degree weather, BUT.. we got everything we went for so mission completed! We continued on until about 9am! by the time I got home I had been up for over 24 hours!! WOW! what a day and night! I have NEVER seen so many shoppers out! Game officaily stepped up! LOVE the blog!!

    ReplyDelete